ABOUT GUO GANG
- Professor and postgraduate tutor of Xinjiang Art Institute
- Engaged in music performance bassoon and saxophone teaching
- Currently serving as a director of the China Management Association
- Director of the Chinese Saxophone Society
- Member of Chinese Musicians Association
- Director of China Wind Music Society
- Director of Chinese University Saxophone Committee
- Director of Xinjiang Musicians Association, President of Xinjiang Wind Music Society
- Artist of WEISSENBERG
• Published papers on "The Role of Relaxation in Music Performance", "Using the Bassoon to Play a Manly Man in Western China", "The Bassoon Solo in Western China" and "Western-style Bassoon Solo—Analysis Shao Guangchen's two major works". In 2015, the personal saxophone album "Dream Back to Tianshan" was released by China Record Company. I have planned and performed hundreds of symphony concerts in the autonomous region, making outstanding contributions to the symphony music industry in Xinjiang.
• In 1986, he played Shao Guangchen's Bassoon Solo [Prelude and Dance] at the 3rd Northwest Music Week. In 1991, he played Shao Guangchen's Bassoon Concerto [Boat Song on the Yarkand River] at the 5th Northwest Music Week. . Created a precedent for the bassoon to play Xinjiang Uyghur Muqam tune style.
• He has planned and performed hundreds of symphony concerts successively, and won praises from famous Chinese conductors such as Li Delun, Yan Liangkun, Huang Xiaotong, Liu Dayong, Han Zhongjie, Tan Lihua, Xu Zhijun and other experts. He has made outstanding contributions to the symphonic music industry in Xinjiang.
• Since 2005, he was transferred to Xinjiang Academy of Arts to teach the bassoon and saxophone, and he was the leader of the "Excellent Orchestral Performance Course" at the autonomous region level. field. I also served as the head of the autonomous region-level "art performance experimental teaching center" and the head of the college-level "teaching team". Among them, the "Art Performance Experimental Teaching Center" was rated as excellent at the autonomous region level in 2013. He has organized and planned dozens of important performances of student art practice, and successfully held a solo recital in 2016.
• Quotations from Mr. Guo: "Weissenberg saxophone has a very good tone. At present, many domestic and foreign experts are using this brand of saxophone. The Xinjiang music I play with Weissenberg saxophone is unique in tone and has a rich national charm.